Re: [LUG] Can the pictures on this email be displayed in Thunderbird

On 07/12/10 14:29, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Gibbs wrote:

On 07/12/10 13:02, James Kilty wrote:
Hello

and then its all like this.

Thanks

james

This happened to me yesterday too. The email rendered in HTML initially but the second time I viewed it it would only view in plain text (and I can't get it back to HTML).

I would be interested in this too.

Don't you realise you *need* to use Outlook to view emails? If you're not using Outlook, then imagine what you're missing.

Or perhaps not, as it's a marketing mail and the marketers obviously don't give a shit about the 10% of the population that doesn't use Outlook.

Basically they have probably base64 encided the entire message, thinking that's for the best. Wankers. People like that are best off not doing business with, but before you vote with your wallet, make absolutely 100% sure they you tell them why.

Gordon
(Obviously grumpy today!)

Hah I understand what you're saying. It's like having to top post with work emails (i got grumpy once and explained to someone who moaned - they never got back).

My issue (which is probably slightly different from James) isn't with marketing emails, it was a friend that sent an attachment. It's working at work so I'm going to take a guess it was probably me being me at home.

Gibbs