[LUG] That Sound Problem ...

A while back I had an issue whereby sound files I was playing were sounding really bad and really weren't working at all - it came to light when I was trying to transcode some music on hold tracks for a PBX client... I initially thought it was something to do with the software - turns out that was right, but it wasn't the right software I was thinking was wrong..

Turned out to be a new knob to tweak in the Linux kernel - and I'd installed a new kernel when fiddling with dual monitors.

I'd have been fine if I were running udev, but I don't, so wasn't.

Ah well. It's sorted now!

Gordon