Re: [LUG] library e-books

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

Torbay library are now offering e-books I have e-mailed them to suggest
they offer the ubuntu manual which is in electronic pdf format, the main
page for the library site is here

http://torbay.lib.overdrive.com/2C6BC644-283B-4418-896F-F3BBA126E07A/10/646/en/Default.htm

Perhaps others can do the same,(well contact their local library) and we
can between us come up with a selection of books that would be of
interest to us as both FOSS and Linux users, but also to other members
of the community.

I know we don't all use Ubuntu but the more people that suggest it,
increases the chance of them actually offiering it (its not as if a free
download is going to cost them much more than the time taken to download)

I think there is a similar book for open office as well as a whole host
of books on the linux documentation website.

Can you read these pdf e-books on things like the amazon kindle and the
ipad ? or do they use special DRM disabled files.

Can we plug in our Kindle or iPad to charge while downloading the eBook into it?

Gordon