Re: [LUG] Marketing

On 17/11/10 20:35, Tom Brough wrote:

> With so many people suggesting meetings, events, install days and demos,
> what should we do to "market" these forthcoming events ?

Well first off - tell the group.

Tell them in plenty of time - so they can mark it in their diaries.
Tell them a few days before for the less regimented.

Mark it on the website, be sure to include enough details so a random
reader could find the right place, time, admission details etc.

I use to post GLUG meetings I organized to the UK Linux newsgroup, but I
don't read it any more. There may be other suitable forums!

We should probably notify the admins of other GLUG/LUG nearby (I've done
that occasionally for Somerset only) so they can pass it on.

Tell/remind your friends!!!!! Word of mouth is by far the best. Also
mention if you can give lifts!!!!

We should probably looks at local press and local radio... Radio - do we
know anyone who knows about local radio I wonder ;)

I've tried Facebook Ads for other clubs to little effect, but then it
was done on a shoestring budget.

We should probably record the results of said discussion on the website
for other meeting organisers.

 Simon