Re: [LUG] Falcon Trading Computers

Overpriced spam!

regards
Eion MacDonald)

From: Gibbs <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, 15 November, 2010 23:24:47
Subject: [LUG] Falcon Trading Computers

I've just got this email and I'm not too sure how to respond. Does anyone know the reputation of the company?

My first reaction is it's a bit vague (and so is the website) and it can be done cheaper. No information on graphics cards, motherboards etc. It kind of looks like they've just beefed up the RAM and overclocked the CPU. I'm not saying they don't look powerful (they do) but is the price "good"?

Thoughts?

Right first off my PC is from Falcon Trading Computers based in the States. All PCs are custom built and yes are very expensive but trust me they pay for themselves. These PCs are used in all the banks and trading floors in the City. Say you have a Falcon System and they know you are serious about what you do.

I opted for the F-30 with upgrades to 6 monitor ports (3 X graphic cards). It has Intel I-7 Quad Processor all running at 3.71 GHZ. Upgraded to 12GB DDR RAM, and whole load of other options. All in with delivery and 3 year on site warranty cost me just over £2,000 with Import duty charges etc.
These things are like lightening and any probs its all handled remotely from the States initially and then on site Engineer if they cant sort it.
Through this company you get access to Falcon Owners Club and there are some big hitters on there and that is why I acquired some of the software I have now got in the PC, transferred by link connection. Its not something I can sell but I put most of my trades up on here anyway.

You wont get a better trading PC than Falcon. They are specifically made for the task and its unbelievable.

Watch this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXd1qBqrUOY

Check out the PCs available to UK customers here. Mine is the F-30 with upgrades as above.

http://www.tradingcomputers.co.uk/UK_F-30.html