Re: [LUG] rsync - I'm getting lazy...

I use Grsync but it is restricted to just a local machine.

I ssh and then rsync data off network machines to collect it all
together, then using grsync manually  back up to a local disk ( so
having important data on three separate disks to avoid data loss ) I do
this for backups (taken automatically) of Mysql and .evolution.

Also being lazy and utopian my Ideal setup would be to highlight
folders on the network right click and select "sync to backup disk"

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 10:15 +0000, tom wrote:
> I'm familiar with rsync for two machines but not ventured into more
> thatn that but just found grsync and thought mmmm
> My concern is whether to use it for things like thunderbird or mysql (I
> have a laptop that goes out sometimes) or is that just not on - do I
> have to find some simple 'groupware' for the server for tbird and
> clustering for mysql?
> Tom te tom te tom

Regards

Kevin Lucas