[LUG] LUG meeting in Exeter on 27th November 2010

Hi folks,

Due to the success of the LUG meeting in Exwick last month, we've decided to do another one (hopefully we can make it a monthly thing if there's enough interest as I'm sure it's easier for the folks in Exeter and East Devon to get to).

Again it will be from 2pm until 6pm at the Exwick Community Centre in Exeter.

For those of you who haven't been to the community centre (or can't remember where it is), the community centre itself is on Kinnerton Way in Exwick, Exeter, it's about a 2 or 3 minute drive from the Exeter St Davids railway station or probably around a 10 minute walk.

You can find it on Google Maps here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ex4+2pr

From what I understand, Tony Walker who was named "Digital Hero of the year" for the South West region is interested in coming along. For those of you who don't know what "Digital Hero of the Year" is, you can find some more details here:

http://broadband.talktalk.co.uk/digitalheroes

According to the Talktalk digital heroes web site, "Tony uses digital arts and media to work with socially excluded groups to develop artistic, technical and personal skills, and celebrate their creativity and talents".

It sounds like it could be a great chap to chat to about some of the things we're trying to do as a LUG, and maybe he could help us get the word about FLOSS out there.

Anyway, I'll send a reminder nearer to the time, and hopefully we'll get an even better turnout than last month.

Ta,

Rob