Re: [LUG] Why should we buy Linux Pre-installed

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 19:37 +0000, Rhia Knowles wrote:
> http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/11/08/why-buy-linux-pre-installed/
>
> Interesting short article.

Some great points that are certainly worth considering.

I've purchased one machine from Dell for my mother with Linux
pre-installed. At the time the spec was better than the XP version which
was great too.  It was a nightmare to find the Linux machines on Dell's
site though in fact when I went to buy it I couldn't find them from
their site; and had to go back to google and do a search from there to
be able to get one o_O

Hopefully things may have changed and I've not tried other vendors.

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/