Re: [LUG] Dual Monitors )-:

On 7 November 2010 10:05, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So - then spend several hours getting frustrated, watching Linux crash (!!!
> I mean really, Eek - it crashed! It never does that on me!)

Probably a hardware issue.

> Trying a million combinations of xorg.conf, setting the BIOS to use the PCI
> card as primary, compiling new kernels, etc. and I still haven't got what
> I'd call a satisfactory and stable combination. I get it to the point of
> dual-monitor, then but I enable Xinemara and it crashes again.

a modern stock X should be able to control a second monitor via
xrandr. No other configs or magic required.

here is an example of a configuration I used to use:

http://git.webconverger.org/?p=home.git;a=blob;f=.xinitrc;h=aaed8ba3482f0a93c0d05ed1ad0400a85d3653fe;hb=HEAD#l21

Kind regards,