Re: [LUG] Health and Safety

On 07/10/10 17:36, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:59:17 +0100
> Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Paul,
>
>> It's just a pain, especially when the rules and reasons given seemt o
>> defy common sense, reason or show ignorance of particular guidelines.
>
> I know;  I see it almost daily, in various places.
>
> Another myth is that you need permission from all parents present if you
> want to take pictures of your children in the school play, or at the
> swimming pool, etc.

Hmm,  i was under the impression that this was the case for child
protection or in some cases if a child is subject to a custody order
then having pictures published could put a child at risk from an
estranged parent / guardian.

One of the biggest oddities with taking photos in schools is that on a
school website / newsletter you can have a photo of a child no name is
allowed,

However the press can publish a photo,  with school name and childs full
name,  If not school name if they have their school top on that usually
has it,  It's not rocket science to work out which school a child goes
to.  The press are bound by different rules apparently.

Work that one out.  I don't object to policies such as the above, i just
wish they would be consistent and apply common sense.

We get permission at the start of the season from parents with regard to
this,  it's considered good practice,   as far as I know a vast majority
of parents are fine with this.

I how ever got fed up with all this stuff and just stick to taking
photos of senior teams,  the only people to lose out in the hysteria are
the parents / players.

Paul
--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day