Re: [LUG] Silent Calls again...

 On 02/11/2010 10:17, tom wrote:
On 02/11/10 08:56, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Just seen this:

http://media.ofcom.org.uk/2010/09/24/ofcom-welcomes-increase-to-silent-calls-financial-penalty/

And Ofcomes advice for consumers is:

  http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/files/2009/07/nuisance.pdf

Not sure much will actually change though, however...

Gordon

I followed the info given in the PDF a week or so ago and got a response from TPS that I should 1471 and send them the phone number - which I already had in the original complaint so I assumed they had done nothing but the calls have stopped for now - or I've been out a bit more.
Tom te tom te tom

The problem with 1471 is that many callcentre operations (including the TS support centre I used to work in) block their number being sent. In those circumstances there's no number to pass on.

Julian