[LUG] LUG meeting in Torbay on November 6th - venue choices

Hi folks,

A few of us in Torbay have been investigating possible venues to replace the Shoreline Resturant (and Lighthouse) where we could meet in the Torbay area.

Now I realise that it might not be of much interest to members in Cornwall and North Devon (or maybe even closer to Torbay) but I figured it's probably a good idea to discuss it....

So the choices so far are:

South Devon College
As far as I'm aware the college is open on a Saturday and we can possibly sit in the cafe area for free, or choose to pay for a room hire (I believe it was around £10 per hour, please do correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure what the hours were to be able to use the college cafe was but I gather the room hire was available from 9am to 3pm. I understand the cafe is closed on a Saturday but vending machines are available. Travel wise it's on the Torbay ring road and accessable on the 12 bus (Rhia will be able to give more details on the exact bus) and parking is available.

Living Coasts
Living Coasts for those of you who aren't aware is a coastal zoo on the harbour in Torquay. They have a cafe which is separate to the main zoo area which we can go in and use. We can also browse the shop. We can't however go and see the Penguins unless we pay an entry fee for the zoo (we don't have to if we don't want to). I'm not sure if Wifi is available, I'm expecting not. Car parking isn't bad this time of year but busy in the high season. It's about a 5 minute walk from the busses (and there are plenty of busses which stop near by so it has good bus links to Totnes, Plymouth, Exeter and local services). It's about a 25 minute walk from Torquay station (or a short bus ride).

The Studio Internet Cafe
This is an internet Cafe in Torquay. They have free Wifi when you spend £2, they don't do hot food but they have a range of sandwiches, baguettes and cakes etc. They're happy for us to go down and maybe we could spread the good word of FLOSS. It's not too far from the town centre although I believe free parking is more limited.

I also gather there was talk of a venue at a church in Newton Abbot with details to follow.

So anyone got any preferences? Or should we we try all of them in one day? (possibly a bit much).

Another option is to try one venue and then maybe those of us nearby in Torbay go along on other days and report back what they're like? (I've already been to the Living Coasts cafe, it's quite big although I didn't try the food).

Rob