Re: [LUG] Videophones For free...

On 27/10/10 20:11, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Anyone want a pair of BT Videophone 1000's for free?

Otherwise I'll landfill them.

Crying shame these - BT got a UK company to design them, then got a few
containerloads shipped over - uptake was low, so got rid if them on the
cheap... However they only work on BT and I think BT have scrapped the
service now (and I've a funny feeling they made you pay for the calls
too even though they were Internet end to end...)

They run SIP, but are completely locked to BT.

(So if anyone fancies a challenge...)

The original design company won't help out with re-flashing them so
they're worse than useless.

There must be 1000's of them out there if they're not landfill by now.

The only place I've found anyone trying to make use of them is here:

http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t26646.html?

(and if you read that, then know that these phones had the upgrade
before I bought them - so even worse than useless now )-:

Anyway, they're free if anyone wants them - however it's 12 days until
the next black bin day when they're going out...

Gordon

Sure, I fancy a challenge :-)

Rob