Re: [LUG] OT: nuisance calls

On 26/10/10 13:35, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, tom wrote:

Registered with the TPS and getting lots of silent calls from 01618500356 TPS will forward my e-mail to these wankers as part of the complaint !!!!! - who else can I go to to get them burned to the ground?

Sadly the TPS are actually pretty toothless. Call centres pay their fees (£4,400 pa for the TPS list and £2,200 pa for the CTPS list) and agree to abide by the rules, but most of them know that they can get away with flouting them. I do not think there have been any successful prosecutions by the TPS against any of their members. (But I'd love be be proved wring)

So that numbers "googlable" and you get a few results - however it's registered via Gradwell, so you might want to whinge directly at them...

What to do.. Answer the call and stay silent yourself. That's then cost them money. Just hang up and say nothing.
Between me and the answer phone we've clocked up 50 or so calls over the last couple of months - and never a word spoken by them!

There are Ofcom rules & regs about silent calls too, so you might want to investigate there, however that's just going to take your time and effort. Not always satisfactory.
Its a catch22 - Ofcom wont do anything till you complain thru TPS and to do that you have to supply a valid e-mail which will be sent to problem!
Tom te tom te tom