[LUG] upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04

Hello

I finally decided to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 (from kubuntu 8.04) on my
desktop having tried it for some time on my laptop. Not that I am 100%
happy with it (kubuntu is a disaster as far as I am concerned).

I cannot get Evolution to work, nor migrate the database to Thunderbird.
Evolution starts to try to migrate the headers to SQLite and stalls
immediately. Thunderbird does not offer me any options of an email
client to migrate from.

One potential problem may be that the U8.04 was 64 bit and I did a clean
install from a Linux Format 32bit disc. I have pruned the .evolution
file (I had a second Ubuntu version on another partition to which I
copied my backed up .evolution file) by removing some folders. Strangely
it doesn't start the migration at A but possibly at the first folder I
created. It is now fractionally under 500MB.

Thanks

James