Re: [LUG] File Recovery

On 15/10/10 19:16, Edwin Rhodes wrote:
Hello a friend of mine has lost data on a usb stick, formatted for use with
windows, do you know of a FREE or GNU utility I can use to recover the data?
Please advise,
Thanks ed

I'd suggest looking at Testdisk and Photorec. Testdisk I believe can recover all sorts of files from lots of different file systems, and Photorec is more tailored for photos.

It's available on Linux and IIRC on Windows too.

Rob