Re: [LUG] Health and Safety

On 08/10/10 07:39, Mark Evans wrote:
On 07/10/10 19:58, Rob Beard wrote:

I think part of it stems from the ambulance chasing culture.  Companies
are so afraid of getting sued by employees etc.  For instance, when I
Thing is if someone really wanted to sue they could probably find some
excuse. Especially if what they were actually doing was getting an
ambulance chasing lawyer to send a letter. (Which also appears to be how
the likes of ASC:Law work in respect to accusations of online file
sharing. Turns out that if they send you such a letter your best option
is to ignore it. If they actually bother to send an actual court summons
fill out the defence form and turn up to court.)

worked at Gemini FM, the station administrator used to go replacing the
cardboard recycle bins as they had rips in which was a risk (so some of
the presenters went around ripping them for fun).
Who's going to be better at thinking up bogus risks. A radio station or
an ambulance chasing law firm?

Where I'm working at the moment they are very hot on H&S, okay they are
Or they think they are.

an alloy plant so in some areas I can see the point, but in every part
of the site, if you go up and down stairs you HAVE to hold the hand rail
I always love that one - I'm 6'5" and the height of handrails on stairs makes it dangerous for me to use stairs while holding the handrail as that generally makes me look like Julie Walters in Acorn Antiques. Fortunately I've only seen it in a couple of places - some 15 years ago!
Tom te tom te tom