Re: [LUG] Bios replacement will result in much faster boot times - which will be nice :-)

 On 04/10/2010 23:44, Simon Williams wrote:
On 04/10/10 23:38, Julian Hall wrote:
On 04/10/2010 23:13, Roland Tarver wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/technology-11430069?SThisFB

According to the above 2011 will be the year of faster boot times (not
the linux desktop - sorry lol). An update to the way the bios works
(totally new method) should result in much faster boot time.

YEY. And faster boot time is just the start...

According to a friend it's going to include the Trusted Computing
platform so will only play with Windows. How true that is I don't know.

I thought trusted computing was dead. I sure hope it is.

It seems it may not be :(

http://www.uefi.org/specs/

Julian