[LUG] LUG meeting at the Exwick Community Centre in Exeter on 23rd October 2010

Hi folks,

I've been speaking to Trevor and Rick who are involved with the Exwick Community Centre in Exeter. Rick has mentioned in the past about having a LUG meeting in Exeter and as far as I know the last meeting type thing that happened at the Exwick Community Centre (other than a couple of us going along to work on the LTSP kit there) was the Exwick Community Centre open day back in um... 2008 I believe.

Anyway, I suggested about a LUG meeting at the Exwick Community Centre this month (I figured it might be easier for some of the members in Exeter and East Devon to get along to, especially if they're more limited for transport).

We've arranged a LUG meeting on 23rd October 2010 (which is a week after the Holsworthy meeting). We're looking at starting at 2pm and finishing about 6pm but I guess technically it could go on longer if need be or if Rick and Trevor are happy enough to stick around.

The community centre itself is on Kinnerton Way in Exwick, Exeter, it's about a 2 or 3 minute drive from the Exeter St Davids railway station or probably around a 10 minute walk.

You can find it on Google Maps here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ex4+2pr

If anyone else is interested too, I believe Rick helps out on a Friday morning at the Exwick Community Centre with a free coffee morning type thing. He said that they opened up the computer suite at the community centre last Friday and it proved to be popular. I'm not exactly sure what they did, but I remember one of the visitors to the open day saying about how it would be great if they could offer computer courses so maybe that could be part of what they are offering. I believe the Friday Frendship coffee morning runs from 10am until 12pm every Friday (so if anyone is free and feels like popping down then I'm sure you'd be welcome to go along, I hear there's free cake too!).

Rob