Re: [LUG] What sorting algorithm is best for

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Adrian Midgley (Gmail) wrote:

socks.

We'll go onto RFIDS, and the picker/stacker robot later, but what
algorithm?  Bubble?

Aargh!

the best one I've found is wifey ... ;-)

Or just have them all the same colour, etc...

But the best has to be the sock box sort: You have a set of sock boxes - one for each type of sock, then you take your (washed and ironed) socks and put them one by one into the correct sock box. Single pass, all sorted. Done.

Gordon