[LUG] eBooks and audio books from the library

Hi folks,

One of the things I discovered today is that it's now possible to download eBooks and audio books from the Torbay Library service. I thought it was quite a good idea, especially for listening to on the bus etc.

I went to the web site this evening to find out more details.

Looks however like it's limited to Windows and Mac on desktops and Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry and iPhone on mobile.

Nice to see a whole chunk of customers are being left out. Even some of the stuff available doesn't work on a Mac, so presumably it's all DRM infected WMA audio and PDFs.

Not sure if the Windows software works under Wine (I'm not a member of the library, at least if I am I've lost the card) so I can't test it. I'll probably join up though in the next week or two and give it a try (it still doesn't appear to be possible to join online).

Rob