[LUG] Flash player was Re: 64 bit

On 17/09/10 12:10, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 17/09/2010 11:35, Steven Côté wrote:
On 17 September 2010 11:23, Dan Dart<dandart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I run 64-bit Flash now as well as Java, and NVIDIA is great for me too
- as is all the other perhaps proprietary stuff I use.
I thought there wasn't a 64-bit Flash anymore. Java used to be a real
problem, but the open version is pretty good nowadays so most people
just use that. The big video driver makers are pretty good about
providing 64-bit versions of their stuff, so that's less of an issue.
It always comes back to Flash (man, I can't wait for it to die).

I know Adobe are a dragging their feet over producing a 64 bit Flash Player. Also some plug-ins don't work in 64 bit Thunderbird, notably Lightning. Other than that, Neil you mentioned GIMP and the 64 bit version of that works very nicely.

Julian

I think theres a 64 bit player beta from Adobe at the mo so if you want to experiment with a whole new set of security holes....
Tom te tom te tom