Re: [LUG] Linux installations from MS that "stuck"

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, tom wrote:

On 15/09/10 08:58, David Vanstone wrote:
Hi
Just a quick question, how many people do you think you have all converted from MS to Linux? And then how many people have moved back?? What was the reason for them moving back?

I'm just interested as out of all my installs, the ones that wanted MS back all wanted one thing... Itunes!

There are 15 people around the Holsworthy area that I've now got to run Linux, was 18 but the 3 all went back dues to Itunes... The thing is out of the 15 that are still using Linux, about 12 of them said that they would use it if Apple released a Linux version... Apple are losing out me thinks!

How many installs have you all done that have "stuck" and which ones haven't?

Dave

I must confess to being a secret windows user - but only for my Pickit simulator cos I// cant get the damn thing to work under Wine and get weird problems with the linux tools for the same even when they have the right chips...

This Pickett?

  http://www.antiquark.com/sliderule/sim/virtual-slide-rule.html

Ah, pik kit ? ;)

Gordon