Re: [LUG] MSP rant at windows 7

On 07/09/10 22:50, Paul Sutton wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11220656
>
> Found the above on the bbc text service and looked it up
>
> I can understand frustration when a mail client won't open, then takes
> 40 mins to count folders and is still counting after 40 mins

Yes, although it is fair to say whilst Windows 7 may have many faults,
this problem is unlikely to be simply Windows 7 but more likely
something to do with how it is deployed.

On the other hand our new virtual Windows 2008 server reported that data
is "corrupted and unreadable", which is rather depressing, and would
point to a faulty disk except that the disk is a virtual disk in a
highly redundant storage array. In this case it might be a driver bug or
an NTFS bug... once chkdsk finishes we'll have more of a clue (last seen
at about 5 hours 30 minutes it was claiming to be a third of the way
through - this could take some time to resolve and we don't have much of
it spare for this roll out).

 Simon