Re: [LUG] Cal - calendar program

On 07/09/10 08:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Is there a new version of cal out? On my current set up (Kubuntu Hardy)
when I run cal I get a calendar with the first day of the week as
Sunday, which is what I want.

I have been testing possible replacements for Hardy, via VBox. On some
of them when I run cal the week starts on a Monday. I have looked in
Google and I am told that the default should be Sunday but that I can
make it so via cal -s.

Sometimes that works. Other times I get an error message that shows that
the -s parameter has a quite different use. I have not been able to find
the version numbers.

To answer the obvious first question, in all cases the locale is set to
GB. And in all cases the calendar using the date and time icon on the
panel has Sunday as the first day.

Any cal experts out there?

Neil

As a follow up to my email. I have found ccal which is a coloured version of cal. This works as I want it to with Sunday as the first day of the week.

Neil