Re: [LUG] Cal - calendar program

On 07/09/10 08:45, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Is there a new version of cal out? On my current set up (Kubuntu Hardy) when I run cal I get a calendar with the first day of the week as Sunday, which is what I want.

I have been testing possible replacements for Hardy, via VBox. On some of them when I run cal the week starts on a Monday. I have looked in Google and I am told that the default should be Sunday but that I can make it so via cal -s.

Sometimes that works. Other times I get an error message that shows that the -s parameter has a quite different use. I have not been able to find the version numbers.

To answer the obvious first question, in all cases the locale is set to GB. And in all cases the calendar using the date and time icon on the panel has Sunday as the first day.

Any cal experts out there?

Neil

Not used to call but if you use Thunderbird for email then theres an 'integrated' extension Lightning for calendar work.
Not the best but it does work to a degree.
Tom te tom te tom