Re: [LUG] Thunderbird forgetting RSS password

 On 01/09/2010 17:42, Julian Hall wrote:
 Hi All,

I use RSS in Thunderbird to pick up my Twitter messages. In the last few days Thunderbird hasn't spontaneously decided my password is wrong. It definitely is *not* as I use the exact password to log in on the web. I've tried removing and recreating the account, manually removing the saved password, hacking out the data folders having done both of these, and it still insists the password is wrong. Having removed every trace I can find, when I recreate the account it does ask for my username and password again so that makes me think it has wiped it properly. However even when I put the username and password in fresh it still refuses to accept them.

I've *just* thought that maybe Twitter's RSS feed is stuffed, but surely with the number of users they have they would have fixed it by now? If it was their end I can't be the only one who uses it.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Julian

Answer: Twitter problem that they are aware of, just in case anyone else wondered. Apparently I was wrong to assume they would fix it quickly, seems they don't know what's causing it. At a guess I'd say something they did this week since it's only been stuffed a couple of days.

Julian