Re: [LUG] At last some common sense

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:37:55 +0100
tom brough wrote:

> Although I don't fully agree with handing sensitive information over
> to a cloud controlled by Google (or the Government's "G-cloud", the
> rest of this made a lot of sense).
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/aug/26/local-government-spending-open-standards-saving

I read through that article and all I could think of was "you're
missing the point".

Yes it could save money, but given councils' habit of going "it's not
our money so we don't need to look at cost saving" I can't see that as
being the most important reason for chosing open source and open
standards.

He only briefly touched on it and then quickly moved on to talk about
Google.

*sigh*

Grant