Re: [LUG] well cheap netbook

On 19/08/10 17:14, Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:07:26 +0100
> Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Quoting tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>> http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6203
>>>
>>> Just trying to find out their windows refund policy!
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>

>> Not an Atom though or any kind of x86 compatible so it may be a case
>> of that it's locked down and won't run owt else (and it's WindowsCE,
>> bet you won't get much of a refund on that!)
>>
>> Rob
>
> I'm sure the EmDebian lot are working on a decent system for it. :)
>
> Grant.

This:
http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/HaRET

and This:

http://mininetbooks.your-board.com/linux-f4/first-success-t117.htm

might be helpful in your researches.

It seems that HaRet is a WinCE program that you can run from winCE to
load a kernel / boot image. Just like the old days of the dos loader for
linux.

However all this stuff look highly experimental to me, and is only a
partial solution at best.

Tom.