Re: [LUG] Linux Retailers

On 17/08/10 18:22, Rob Beard wrote:

One of the guys on the Ubuntu-UK list has setup a web site with a
directory of companies, I'm on the bus home at the moment so can't
find it but I'll post it later if I remember (if not tomorrow).

Rob

Ok, found it, it's nakedcomputes.org

Basically it's a list of companies who provide PCs with Linux and Open
Source software pre-installed, or companies that sell PCs without an OS
(what Microsoft call 'Naked' PCs/.

HTH

Rob

Thanks a lot for that suggestion. I have had a look at the site and from it I have found a small company which looks to be what I need. It is called elpatech and is in Andover. Their prices are extremely reasonable. The price even includes mouse and keyboard and P&P. In this day and age unbelievable.

They make up your machine to order so they can tweak it for you if you ask them to. You can have Ubuntu 10.4 installed or have it without any OS at all. So you don't have the hassle of paying for Windows and then trying to get a refund. Brill.

Neil