Re: [LUG] OT: 8 port ADSL router recommendation

On 16/08/10 22:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

Want a router that can handle 8 public IP addresses (IPv4), and
ideally one with 8 ethernet ports (but not essential) so that most of
them can be kept separate physically.

Avoid Zyxel. I've just been evaluating a pair and they're rubbish. Keep
rebooting and crash at the slightest hint of a sipvicious attack.

I read your posting elsewhere about this.

Oddly enough, I have both a Draytek 2820 and a Zyxel P660R.  The Draytek
was diabolically bad and kept dropping the ADSL session (which it then
re-establishes very slowly), whereas the Zyxel has been very solid and
when the connection does drop it brings it back up very quickly.

It's entirely possible that the results you get depend on line quality.
Ours is fairly poor and I think the Draytek just can't cope.

James