Re: [LUG] Vote of thanks for Paul....

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 21:59:33 +0100
Roland Tarver wrote:
> >> I am happy with the Rugby/Cricket club
> >>
> >> I am not happy with the attitude of the Lighthouse
> >>
> >> Dave
> >
> > Do we know what the problem was?
> >
> > Also, what happened about the Shoreline? ÂIs that still a possible
> > venue, or is the Rugby/Cricket club a better option?
> >
> > I was disappointed that I missed the meet, despite coming up to
> > Paignton.
>
> Really? You came up!? **** - that IS very annoying. Sorry you missed
> it. Would have been good to meet you.

Yeah, it's a bit of an arse, but hey-ho.  We were running a bit late,
ignored my phone and just found ourselves a carpark.  We were going to
use my phone to try and find the Lighthouse, but it refused to connect
to t'Internet despite having an awesome, full strength HSxPA signal...
even after restarting the thing!  Eventually found the Lighthouse;
eventually got a connection and Googled for the Rugby Club.  Not quite
sure what happened, but Googlemaps pointed us down towards the harbour
master's office (down by Harbour Sports).  We got there, couldn't find
it and then my phone dropped the connection again, so we weren't in any
position to actually find the Rugby club... and it was about 4.30 by
that time anyway.  So we just wandered back up the the regatta and had
a pleasant afternoon there.

Maybe next month. :)

Grant.