[LUG] Need help with external 'monitor' and laptop

Ok so here's the situation. After all the playing around I was doing
with Xorg.conf and drivers, I got the Intrepid intel driver working on
my Mint7 laptop (aparently the Jaunty driver was buggy, and 7 is built
on Jaunty) and games and 3d now work better then in Windows, which
impressed me.

I now have a new problem, however: I cant connect to the TV's PC input
and select a 16:9/16:10 resolution, only a bunch of 4:3.

Before this i needed to connect the tv and then reboot, so being able
to connect on the fly and mirror and dual monitor with it is good. But
we usually connect to the TV to watch iplayer. Since its only allowing
me 4:3 resolutions, Everything looks horribly distorted.

Xorg.conf below. Laptop's panel has only one resolution 1280x768. Tv
is a Pre-HD widescreen lcd (22") I dont know its native res but the
Laptop was running it happily at 1152x768. GPU is an Intel 915GM.

# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# Note that some configuration settings that could be done previously
# in this file, now are automatically configured by the server and settings
# here are ignored.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
        SubSection "Display"
                Virtual 1280 1632
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Option          "AccelMethod"                   "uxa"
        Option          "EXAOptimizeMigration"          "true"
        Option          "MigrationHeuristic"            "greedy"
        Option          "Tiling"                        "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "DontZap"       "False"
EndSection