Re: [LUG] Shutting down kubuntu

On 05/08/10 11:05, john wrote:
On Thu, 2010-08-05 at 09:00 +0100, Simon Robert wrote:
HI

I recently did a new install of kubuntu and after a while the shutdown,
restart etc stuff just stopped working. I remembered this had happened
before and did what I'd done previously to solve this, go to the
settings app shutdown section and replace the commands used (can't
remember what they were except the reboot one was "restart") with
shutdown -P now and shutdown -r now.

So I did this again and still nothing. I get the impression that these
commands are not being executed at all, that hitting the button does
absolutely naff all.

Possibly needs gksudo (or the Kubunutu equivalent to gksudo) before each
of the shutdown commands?

It should say permission denied of something if that was the case.
Can you not shut it down from the system menu? Or can you add the shutdown applet to a panel?
Tom te tom te tom