Re: [LUG] Rutland Weekend ISP

On 05/08/10 07:57, tom wrote:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1726607/a-uk-isp-british-telecom

Good for them

Hopefully it'll mean that more of the areas that BT deem uneconomical will be unbundled. Although saying that speaking to Rutland about unbundling a cabinet they did advise that on the particular cabinet I enquired about it wasn't economical to do as it only served a handful (about 50 odd) customers. Not sure if this new data available to Rutland will change this though.

They're also pushing for access to telegraph poles and ducts so they can run their own fibre according to another article I read (I believe it was on The Register with regards to the same story above).

Rob