Re: [LUG] cable for saturday

 On 03/08/2010 19:13, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 03/08/10 19:11, Rob Beard wrote:
  On 03/08/2010 17:21, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

The room we are in on saturday does not have any cat 5 sockets, however
if someone can bring 25 -30 m of cat 5 cable then I can plug it in to
the hub in the IT room and we should then have net access

this is a normal hub, so a straight through cable should plug in to a
laptop, if we want more then we need to plug in to a wireless extender
(or something ) or another hub,  if it needs a 2nd hub we may need a
cross over cable again 30m.

If people have the right bits and pieces then I am sure between us we
can make something work.

Paul
Why do we need a cable?  Surely the wireless would work?

Unfortunately I don't have a network cable that long, not sure if anyone
else does.

Rob

In case the wireless does not work

Paul

Ahh okay, well I'm not sure if anyone else has got a long CAT5 cable, if not we'll just have to make do with what we have.

Rob