Re: [LUG] I hereby proclaim 1 Aug

 On 01/08/2010 23:43, Rhia Knowles wrote:
I'm pretty sure my permanent ad-block plus is keeping them in the dark.

If it comes from say doubleclick.net, it doesnt reach the browser.

Not to mention you can add stuff to the Hosts file to block it.

Although this site is aimed at Windows users, it works just as well in Linux:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

IIRC I added it to my server which runs dnsmasq, so it picks up items from the hosts file and blocks these hosts on my entire network, at least for any machines that pick up their DNS servers via DHCP (so they point to my server rather than the router for DNS).

Rob