Re: [LUG] Another reason to despise Flash

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 07:45:20AM +0100, tom wrote:
> Apparently you can (mis)use Flash to create cookies - so there you
> thinking you've deleted all them there cookies and Flash is
> re-creating yet another security hole!
> Adobe - gradually recreating all those security issues you though
> were long gone!
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/zombie-cookies-lawsuit/

1/  If you go to the Flash website
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

Then you can control the cookies

2/ If you want to automatically delete them then firefox has an addin that
controls them
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623/

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.