Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

 On 27/07/2010 01:02, Julian Hall wrote:
'Britons are not getting the broadband services they are being sold, suggests a government report. Ofcom's analysis of broadband speeds in the UK shows that, for some services, 97% of consumers do not get the advertised speed.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10760069

The phrase 'tell me something I don't know' springs to mind. The real question is how many of these identical reports are we going to see before they actually DO something about this? In any other industry, e.g. gas/electric suppliers the company(ies) would have been fined for misselling their products months, if not years ago.

Julian
'The Need For Speed'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10774406

'If you are a night owl who enjoys surfing between the hours of 4am and 6am and are fortunate enough to live on top of a telephone exchange then you are probably very happy with your broadband speeds. But the majority of people in the UK are not getting the broadband services they signed up for, according to a comprehensive speed report by regulator Ofcom. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10760069>'

Would you buy a pack of biscuits that contains 'up to 20' only to find it contains 4 or 5?

Julian