Re: [LUG] Linux research...

 On 25/07/2010 00:37, Rob Beard wrote:
On 25/07/10 00:23, Julian Hall wrote:
On 24/07/2010 23:06, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:56:58 +0100
Roland Tarver wrote:

http://survey.education.txstate.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=LPP

Completing the above survey will assist with research into Linux use,
particularly in education environments. The results of the study may
be very interesting. I will email the researchers for a copy.

Best wishes
roly :-)
Took the survey. Questions seem poorly written though.

Grant.

I was curious about the repeated use of FOSS rather than FLOSS. Am I
correct in thinking only the latter is correct?

Julian

I gather both are valid...

FOSS = Free Open Source Software

FLOSS = Free Libre Open Source Software

Saying that, I would guess that FLOSS is the preferred way of putting it, at least after reading this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_Libre

Rob

Thanks Rob, and Grant :)

Julian