Re: [LUG] Article from the FT on how to save money

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, james kilty wrote:

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 16:15 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

I'd say the web based option would have been better, would have used
less bandwidth.  If he's got say 4 shops all connecting in via terminal
services over a broadband link it's going to be a tad slow (maybe one
machine, yeah that might work, but 4?).  That's assuming one machine per
shop.

Maybe he'll realise when it's too late, after forking out say £1000 for
a server, £600 for the server OS, couple of grand for Office licenses etc.
Only if he costs it properly - has the "consultant" costed Gordon's
proposal and compared it with his?

I have to say that I don't actually care. He's a continual late payer and pays by cheque too. Unfortunately he still has his PBX & VoIP via me, so I can't shake him off that easilly....

I wished him luck in his new MS venture.

Gordon