Re: [LUG] XML editor

jedit has some great xml plugins including an xls transformer and validation

On 21 July 2010 12:18, Martin Gautier <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2010-07-21 at 11:32 +0100, tom wrote:
> Anyone had the misfortune to have to play with some XML and come across
> a floss editor for XML ala XMLSpy at all?
> Tom te tom te tom

I've done loads of mainly docbook XML over the years. I gave up on the
wysiwyg editors pretty quickly - they just don't seem to make life
easier.

I found that Eclipse with the Web Tools Project XML editor is OK for
small, basic use but my main tool was Eclipse with the Oxygen XML
plugin. Oxygen is extremely useful but isn't open source whereas Eclipse
+ WTP is.

Martin