Re: [LUG] Spotify for Linux?

Grant Sewell wrote:

http://www.spotify.com/int/blog/archives/2010/07/12/linux/

Not sure if this is "yay" or not.

My guess is it isn't free software (as in freedom not cost), then I predict a rapid death unless the developers themselves are keen enough to keep it going.

On the other-hand if it is only available to paying members, they might find it pays for its own development and keep the port going.

The telling bit is their developers use Linux, which suggests they either don't use Spotify much or they use it under WINE.

I believe I still have music on my box that I've not listened to since ripping the CD collection, so I guess I'm not their target demographic ;)