Re: [LUG] Free software clock

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

tom wrote:

It does claim "Under good conditions this achieves microsecond accuracy"
whereas NTP reckons 10s of microseconds is good.

Given the measured disagreement between my time sources is orders of
magnitude larger than this error, should I care, or just find a way to
plug my GPS into my computer?

Aparently the big financial bods care - they're talking about sub millisecond transactions exactly timed to try to get the edge on share trading...

Gordon