Re: [LUG] CCTV

Quoting Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

All,

I am considering getting CCTV installed around the perimeter of my home
(issues with neighbors, lower insurance bills etc).

Has anyone got any advice or experience on doing this with Linux as a
backend ?

I await replies with baited breath..

http://www.zoneminder.com/

I've had a complete (albeit rather grainy!) CCTV setup running using $2 web-cams from eBay using this thing... :)

I've also had it running a 16-feed pro CCTV solution at a corporate premises without issue.

If you want to have some real fun, then check out the CCTV functionality of PlutoHome (http://plutohome.com/index.php) and then get the free version at http://linuxmce.org/

Kind regards,

Matt
--