Re: [LUG] OT: longest delay between transmitting & receiving a TXT

On 25/06/2010 23:19, tom brough wrote:
Today I got an odd TXT from the wife. It arrived around 13:00. It was
odd because it implied that I was looking after Peter while she was away
and today being a school day and both of us at work, it didn't quite fit.

It turns out that this TXT was sent on Saturday afternoon while she was
at work and I was looking after Peter, so approximately 6 days after it
was sent from her phone... It arrived on my phone. Anyone who can beat
that I would be interested in knowing.....

By the way we both use the same network.....

Tom.

Could be a server crash/hiccup. I've previously had issues with that from a TS point of view. An SMTP server crashed and the NMC switched to a backup, which some cretin hadn't cleared before putting it into service. I then had to explain the inexcusable balls-up to a distressed customer who had just received an email from her boyfriend who had died three weeks previously.

Needless to say angry loud words were exchanged after the call.

Julian