Re: [LUG] slightly OT: request reference statistics on actual functionality of an application used

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 08:13:14PM +0100, tom brough wrote:
> Someone told me recently that as little as 25% of the functionality of
> an application is ever used. Is anyone aware of any references to
> research in this area that I can follow up as I am reluctant to use
> "word of mouth" statistics without some references to sources.

Sounds like the pareto principle (80/20 rule). The rule applies to many
situations and I don't see why it would not apply to software.

Rule is commonly applied by Management Consultants

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.