Re: [LUG] Web hosts and DNS

kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Have I made a mistake in assuming they are in charge still of My DNS
> entry?  Is this what I have been paying for the past three years
> (Â23.50/year).
> Or should they have done the Correct thing and when I left them pointed
> DNS to my new hosts Streamline.net.

Looks like you wanted to transfer the domain name.

If you asked them to point the DNS, then yes they were probably still
having to pay for the domain and charging you.

Presumably that it went offline when you refused to pay them is proof
enough?

The domain now has been "detagged" assuming you have your paper work
from Nominet, you should be able to transfer it to any Nominet registrar
by paying Nominet 10 quid. If you don't have the paperwork it'll
probably cost twice that to get it back.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrars/faqs/detagging/#movetonewtag

> Just a thought can any of you actually reply to this!!!!

Yes but switch off HTML and use a mailer that puts the appropriate
headers in would make things a lot better - Evolution was working fine -
why the switch?