Re: [LUG] Wifi woes

On 22/06/2010 10:13, Neil Winchurst wrote:
My old D-Link router was on its way out so recently I got a new router
for my birthday. The new one is a Netgear DG834G.

My desk top is cable linked so that is fine. My Presario laptop works
fine with the new wifi link. Unfortunately my wife's Fujitsu laptop
running XP will not work with the new wifi. It cannot find a connection.

The Fujitsu worked fine with the wifi from the D-Link router. As soon as
I changed to the new router it stopped working. I have taken the laptop
to the local computer shop to test it (about a mile away) and the laptop
wifi works fine there.

I brought the Fujitsu laptop back home and it will not find the wifi
from the new router at all. This has left me completely baffled. One
suggestion is that the channel may be wrong. I have checked and the new
router is using channel 12.

Not knowing Windows much I do not know how to check the channel number
on XP, or how to set it up. I thought it would be set to find it
automatically.

If anyone can come up with some ideas or suggestions please .....

Neil Winchurst

At a guess, go into Network Connections and find your wireless card

Go into the settings and I would imagine the channel number would be there ?

Steph