Re: [LUG] LUG funds

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:23:01 +0100
Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Who is the best person to talk with regarding an idea for raising
> funds for the lug ?

Funds to be used for what purpose?

AFAICT we have/had a small fund which grew from impromptu raffles at
previous meetings. Last I heard, the LUG fund accounting was based on
post-it notes on Simon Water's desk. We haven't really got a lot of
expenses. The website server is a joint contribution by Simon and
myself, free of charge. The mailing list server and admin is provided
by Alex, free of charge.

If we start attracting explicit/significant funds, we might have to
start doing explicit accounting and various other legal / banking
hurdles - could well be more hassle than it's worth and may even be a
drain on the funds themselves.

--

Neil Williams